If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Desert in White


"Your mind cannot possibly understand God. 
Your heart already knows."   Emmanuel


As a matter of fact, an ordinary desert supports a much greater variety of plants than does either a forest or a prairie.
Ellsworth Huntington



Too much good fortune can make you smug and unaware. Happiness should be like an oasis, the greener for the desert that surrounds it.
Rachel Field

1 comment:

  1. I love the first quote...and at times when I'm so energized and so in love with God, I can't put it into words.

    ReplyDelete