If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dry Forest - Day 289

This is why the fires are raging across my beloved State.  The green is on the trees and the brown is all around them.  


"God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools."   John Muir


"I think we are bound to, and by, nature. We may want to deny this connection and try to believe we control the external world, but every time there's a snowstorm or drought, we know our fate is tied to the world around us."  Alice Hoffman

2 comments:

  1. "La naturaleza siempre encontrara el camino" - no podemos vivir sin ella, pero ella si puede vivir sin nosotros, nice photos Many Greetings, take care, =).

    ReplyDelete