If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Friday, November 26, 2010

It is Good to Remember - Day 84

It is good to look to the past to gain an appreciation for the present and perspective for the future. It is good to look upon the virtues of those who have gone before, to gain strength for whatever lies ahead. It is good to reflect upon the work of those who labored so hard and gained so little in this world but out of whose dreams and early plans so well nurtured has come a great harvest of which we are the beneficiaries. Their tremendous example can become a compelling motivation for each of us. For each of us is a pioneer in his own life, often in his own family and many of us pioneer daily in seeking to do God’s will and lift and serve those around us.   (Gordon B. Hinckley, Ensign, July, 1984)

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo...love the sentiment behind it as well. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...we are all pioneers in our life. Very nice sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful photo! You need to hook this up with our Wordless Wednesday where we have another linky and highlight bloggers photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss President Hinckley. That's a great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent quote. And the picture is very poignant.

    ReplyDelete