If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Butterfly - Day 300

I am thinking that I had no idea how hard it would be to get a couple of simple shots of a butterfly.  These are straight out of my camera and I really enjoyed trying!


"Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp,
but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you."  Nathaniel Hawthorne


"The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough."
Rabindranath Tagore

"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly."
R. Buckminster Fuller

2 comments:

  1. Nothing that tells you that, except previous experience and science. Knowledge comes from study and learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete