If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Tale of Bark - Day 303

The truck of this tree twists around in a spiral motion adding a strange beauty to the once living trunk.  Scientifically speaking, it is said that a twisted truck is the result of a tree standing in an area of strong winds.  The twists add strength to the tree and keep it from toppling over.  Often, you cannot see the twists until after the bark falls off the tree.


Pain is inevitable.  Suffering is optional.  ~M. Kathleen Casey


The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.  ~Max Lerner, The Unfinished Country, 1950

3 comments:

  1. If that's the case, my trunk is quite twisted and bent, yet I keep stretching up for the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh! Didn't know that. Now I'll have to go look at the de-barked tree on the street to see how it grew before it died.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is a wear tree i never see before something like this, i would like to know the scientific name of the tree, many greeting!!!

    ReplyDelete