If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Indian Creek - Day 351


One of the things that I enjoyed in Kansas was walking along the creek in the evening.  I just thought it was beautiful, serene, calm and peaceful.  It was so peaceful to be able to walk among the trees and listen to the endless sound of cicada's dancing in the evening breeze.  


Peace is not merely a distant goal
that we seek 
but a means by which we arrive 
at that goal.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.


Life is lived in the present. 
Yesterday is gone. 
Tomorrow is yet to be. 
Today is the miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment