If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Sometimes, I don't want to sleep - Day 350

As I say good-bye to this so sweet little girl, my mind has a hard time believing the time has flown so fast.  The next time I see her, she will be a couple of months older and look completely different.  Thank goodness for Skype to help me pass the time. 


If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.
Vincent van Gogh

3 comments:

  1. Oh, she is so so special. I understand your sadness... No baby to gaze at and get lost in... No soft cheek or body to bounce. Thank goodness for modern communication! That will help a bit, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious beauty! And so much hair! All of my babies were baldies so babies with hair really fascinate me:)

    ReplyDelete