If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tarzan really had a great idea!! - Day 332

We were priviliged to go to a friend's family reunion for a visit.  We had so much fun.  Someone there made a rope swing for the kids.  Once the girls got over their fear of falling off, they had a ball!  These are just a few of the pictures from that amazing evening. 

Play energizes us and enlivens us.
It eases our burdens.
It renews our natural sense of optimism
and opens us up to new possibilities. 
Stuart Brown, MD
It is a happy talent to know how to play.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A child loves his play,
not because it’s easy,
but because it’s hard.
Benjamin Spock

Children need the freedom and time to play.
Play is not a luxury. Play is a necessity.
Kay Redfield Jamison

Deep meaning lies often in childish play.
Johann Friedrich von Schiller

Surely all God’s people…like to play.
John Muir

You can discover more about a person
in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Plato


We worry about what a child will become tomorrow,
yet we forget that he is someone today. 
~Stacia Tauscher

Play, while it cannot change
the external realities of children’s lives,
can be a vehicle for children
to explore and enjoy their differences
and similarities and to create,
even for a brief time,
a more just world where everyone is
an equal and valued participant. 
Patricia G. Ramsey

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I remember doing this as a kid...what great memories. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete