If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

And I thought that Arizona had thorns! - Day 355

I have never seen thorns like these before.  They grow right out of the trees.  They had a rather strange beauty all their own.  


"And the heart that is soonest awake to the flowers 
is always the first to be touch'd by the thorns."   
Thomas Moore


Life is thickly sown with thorns, 
and I know no other remedy 
than to pass quickly through them. 
The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, 
the greater is their power to harm us.   
Voltaire


The flower which is single 
need not envy the thorns 
that are numerous.  
Rabindranath Tagore

1 comment: