If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cactus Plants - Day 151

For me, no trip to the valley would be complete without seeing the amazing plants that exist in the desert.  These are just a few of the many that are to be seen during my drive.  For me, they always mean that I am nearly there.



You really have to watch out for those spines!!  I promise they hurt!

5 comments:

  1. I really like the top one with the sun glinting off the paddle like "leaves" - what are they called? I would love to see photos of them in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now we would not see those in our area - OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shots, I would just like to see the sun around here :)Much less anything green!

    ReplyDelete