If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Monday, February 7, 2011

The view! - Day 156

On of the things I love most about my mountain home is how the view changes.  One minute, you can have sun and blue sky, and the very next moment the clouds roll in and you have rain or snow or sleet or hail.   One thing is for sure, I never get bored! This is the view right outside the back door of my Post Office.  I really do love it.  These pictures were taken less than one minute apart. 


11 comments:

  1. Those look like gorgeous paintings - God is an amazing artist! Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 2nd shot...so dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures and what a great view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are so dramatic, wow what a great view I could watch this all day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frost on the trees just seems to soften everything. Love the direction that the light is coming from, really added to the drams.
    Thank you also for stopping my by photo blog and leaving a comment

    ReplyDelete
  6. One minute. Wow. I remember once standing inside a building with windows all around. One view it was hailing, the other not. All I had to do was turn my head and see the different scenes. It was so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That second shot is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Breathtaking shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO behind on my blogs! Both posting to my own and reading others :P These are absolutely gorgeous though!! Frame worthy shots right there... the kind that make you long to be right there in that moment, seeing it for real... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I must admit that on days like this, I love going out the back door at work and seeing beauty. It is something that I do every once in a while when I need to feel a little peace.

    ReplyDelete