If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Learning to Cook with Dad

These are not the best pictures as far as color and lighting, but they mean a great deal to me.  In our family, my husband loves to cook.  He is never quite as happy as when he is cooking up something enjoyable in the kitchen.  Each of the little girls have learned to cook at his side.  Anya is now old enough to start to help in the kitchen.  She was especially interested in learning to make cinnamon rolls.  A wonderful morning of learning and fun between the two of them was ample reward for me to watch and love, (of course, cinnamon rolls for breakfast might have had something to do with it too!).


No man can possibly know what life means, what the world means, what the world means, what anything means, until he has a child and loves it. - Lafcadio Hearn


My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. - Clarence Kelland


To show a child what once delighted you, to find the child's delight added to your own so that there is now a double delight seen in the glow of trust and affection, this is happiness. - J.B. Priestley


A girl's father is the first man in her life, and probably the most influential. - David Jeremiah

2 comments:

  1. What a treasure! They will both be happy you took such wonderful pictures in 20 years...Those are the best pictures: the ones that capture the moment and help you remember how you felt when it happened. These are some of my favorites you have taken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What a WONDERFUL example and bonding time! Glad you shared! Those are the things that make life meaningful!
    Heidi
    MormonMomsWhoBlog

    ReplyDelete