If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Ruined Garden

There is nothing quite like having your gardened ruined because a tree blew loos and fell on the greenhouse.  Now we have to wait until next year to try and enjoy the bounty


Hope is tomorrow's veneer over today's disappointment.
Evan Esar



If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment.
Henry David Thoreau



Living is strife and torment, disappointment and love and sacrifice, golden sunsets and black storms. I said that some time ago, and today I do not think I would add one word.
Laurence Olivier

1 comment: