If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Macro Friday - Day 56

The Last Flowers of Fall - Day 56


In driving around town, I found these few flowers hanging on in spite of the cooler weather.  This really is a macro shot as these flowers are less than an inch in diameter each.  I loved the yellow, and I thought it ironic that the only ones I found were all in fall colors!

12 comments:

  1. I love fall but it's sad to see our flowers go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - that is kind of funny! I guess they just thought they belonged, huh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great macro and superb colors.

    Take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft focus and the colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obviously there hadn't been a hard frost right there! Marigolds are so colorful...and so tender in the cold. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours and how you played with the depth of field!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have a few marigold left too. Am amazed they're still around. Lovely capture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful, you are lucky to have these still going, the frost killed off everything the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photo and really so apt for autumn!

    ReplyDelete