If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nine Grain - Day 33

Making Old Fashioned Bread - Day 33

We went to the valley for a day and stopped in at a Honeyville Farms store.  This store sells a lot of bulk type foods.  It also sells a lot of different grains.  One of the bags was called "Nine Grain".  My husband wanted it so badly!  So, we bought it, brought it home, put it in the wheat grinder machine, mixed it, kneeded it, baked it and WA LA!
Homemade Nine Grain Bread!




I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it tastes!  You are just going to have to take my word for it, 
or make some for yourself!

2 comments:

  1. I love fresh baked bread!! Here from sits giraffe group and now following. Looking forward to getting to know you.

    Also, I own a magazine called Rooted Living. If you ever want to submit photos, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making bread kicks my butt...
    I keep trying and trying and all I end up with is a paper weight and tears. Thank goodness I have a mother in law who is not bread impaired.

    ReplyDelete