If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Field Of Flowers - Day Three



Sunflowers in a Meadow
day 3
This is what I see every time I make the drive between my home and Snowflake Arizona.  The sunflowers grow wild all along the edge of the road and are amazing to see.  I wish I had a way of conveying how wonderful it is to look upon acres and acres of these during my journey.


I took all of these to try and give you an example of the many flowers that are in bloom.  It is the part I love most about fall up here in my mountain home.



Now I wanted to change the lighting and see what I could end up with.  These last two pictures are my favorites.






6 comments:

  1. I agree, I like the last two, lovely photographs and thank you for your kind comment on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the second to last...reminds me of people for some reason?

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have those wild daisies here too and I love the natural beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No fields, no daisies -- here. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know just exactly the stretch of road you're talking about. It's one of my favorite drives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This time of year is my favorite here. The weather is very nice and there are flowers everywhere. For some reason, the fall flowers do much better than the spring ones!

    ReplyDelete