If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sunday Creative Time Worn - Day 7

Time Worn and Interesting - Day 7

Today's selection of photography is due to the prompt for Sunday Creative over at one of my favorite photography posts, Madeline Bea's.  She gives us a challenge every week and this week was called,  Time Worn. 
In my small town, I found a house that had a new and improved way of using old farm implements.  I must admit that I was rather impressed.


Don't ask what they all are, because in all honesty, I haven't a clue.  I photographed them because I loved the color and textures that I observed there.


I also loved this log puller (I really don't know what else to call it).  I love the red color and the texture of the old wood.




Actually, the thing that caught my eye the first time, was this old wagon.  I loved the presentation of it.  



If you look closely, you won't just see the wagon, but you will see the bare bones of an old saddle.





8 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE the last photograph. The lighting, the composition this...truly captures the challenge - time worn indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is my favorite photo too. I appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Margaret - that last photo really caught my eye, it is just the right amount of light and dark and yes, "time worn"... very beautiful!

    PS -- thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to all of you for looking and commenting. I love photography and it is so hard to learn to use a new camera! It is nice to have some support for my efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend, not only is your photography inspiring, but your comments always make my day. Thanks for being there in this big world we call blog. Your blog just reminded me that I haven't pulled the camera out for three days. I've missed so much...sob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a lovely set of photographs for timeworn, I think I would like to swap homes with you! yours looks way more interesting

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my home! It is rustic and very lived in. I am lucky enough to live in a small, rural community that I am very involved in. Life can be good! Thank you so much for all your comments.

    ReplyDelete