If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Red Sky at Night

Day 1, Sunset over the Arizona Mountains

I took this picture looking out my front door at the sunset.   I did not add to or take away from the natural color of the glorious sky.  I thought it looked amazing, but did not know how it would photograph.  I did crop the picture to better accent the sky in the back ground.  

Arizona Evening

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! Pink skies are so peaceful. Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I love Arizona, but not the heat that comes from Spring to Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful shot! I may have to come to Arizona now, just to see the sky looking like this :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! What a cool project you have going! I love it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete