If a picture paints a thousand words

This blog is a place for me to work on my photography. My goal is to submit a new picture every day and to get better as the moments go by. I take all pictures with my digital camera. I worked for years with a 35 mm minolta, and this is a learning experience for me. I am afraid that I got lazy and allowed the camera to choose most of the settings for me. This is my journey of learning how to shoot a camera that is not in a program mode. It is harder than I ever imagined. That makes this challenge both a new experience and a joy for me.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

More Time Worn - Day 9

Out My Front Door

Outside my house is a weather vane.  I love it.  It changes when the wind comes in, It makes me feel rustic and rural, and it is something I always wanted when I saw it in the movies.  This one sits in my front yard.  



No rooster for our house!  (We had one once, but he became dinner!)  This is an elk which we get as visitors from time to time.  They like to eat the leaves and branches off our trees.  


This is my favorite yard prop.  It is an old water pump.  The only thing that would make it better for me is if it really worked.  Oh well, I guess I can't have everything!  I do love the picture.  It really does sit slightly tipped over my plants.  

2 comments:

  1. I love the tree limbs behind the elk weather vane. I would love to see the perspective moved just a tad so the sky and tree limbs are directly behind the elk - I think the silhouette would be more prominent and stunning. And maybe wait until evening when the sun is not shining directly on the black metal. This has GREAT potential. What do you think? (hope you don't mind my critique) Looks to me like you have a beautiful home for photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Margaret. I will have to go try it again. I need all the help I can get. This is my first good digital, and I am trying to do things that I have never done before. I will see if I can fix it up and post the results. Thank you for your time and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete